Thursday, October 23, 2014

Don't Lose It

A song I wrote in January, 2014...

Don't Lose It

Standing there
Not moving forward
I will my legs to go
Keep it together when head says no
Been to the lowest of lows
Lost the path
Frozen numb and thinkin hurts

Chorus:
You gotta find your way
When your map is lost
Somebody stole the sign
Try to keep it together
Whatever the stakes
And don't lose it
Don't lose it
Don't lose it

Now it's dark
Torch is on the fritz
It's when the doubt 
Creeps faster til it's
Hitched a free ride
At your expense
Follow the footsteps and
They will lead you
But just remember

CHORUS

Bridge:
I ain't looking to mine gold
I ain't looking for the cure to all the world's ills
Just trying to get to where I'm going
Climbin' all the hills
And I won't lose it

CHORUS

No comments: